3 Tips to Overcome the Pain of Separation with Your College-Bound Child & Enter Empty Nesting with Grace & Peace
Written by Tina Baker, ROYAL Transitioning
It’s that time of year where thousands of parents are saying good-bye to their college-bound child and facing empty nesting. Many of them know this is “it”. It’s time to actually let go and stay behind with fears, guilt, misery and tears and start the grieving process. It is easy to sink into an emotional mess, and feel so much loss.
If you are experiencing any of these scenarios…take heart! There is help and support!
Here are 3 of our many ROYAL Transitioning® Tips to “Smooth the Move®” through empty nesting and survive the College Blues!
- Excellent Self Care
- It’s a good example for your child as it’s a challenge for them too!
- Spend some with God. He’s a great listener and is always walking right beside you.
- Sleep more. Eat better. Concentrate on your health! Catch up on your doctor appointments.
- Embrace New Beginnings – Start forming a plan. Include travel, volunteering, learning. Maybe you could take time to care for a loved one.
- Do one thing every day that is using creativity.
- Practice Gratitude – Yours and your Child’s
- This is extremely important to control anxiety.
- Both you and your child need to remember: To be able to go to college is a privilege! Not everybody gets to go away to school. Some can’t go at all!
- Remember that your child not only learns academics but so many lessons about life! They learn how to take care of themselves and how to live with others!
- Trust in God for their protection and your comfort and peace.
Trust He will lead your child and YOU…………..
To The Rest Of Your Amazing Life®!
To keep in touch so that you don’t miss out on more inspiration, sage wisdom and supportive tips to “Smooth the Move” for your transition, sign up for our complimentary VIP list. Then you’ll receive emails and announcements reserved only for the members of our ROYAL Court. (https://forms.aweber.com/form/60/1062601260.htm)